Advanced analytics can help identify patterns and trends in keyword performance and deliver bid change recommendations.
Managing paid search, or PPC (pay per click), campaigns can sometimes feel intimidating. The vast amounts of data at your fingertips are both empowering and overwhelming, leaving many unsure of how to begin digesting, translating, and acting on the information. The ultimate goal for campaign managers is be to able to efficiently analyze keyword performance and adjust bids in a timely manner to maximize ROI. Advanced analytics offer a powerful way to achieve better results with paid search campaigns in the form of increased conversions and cost and time savings.
What does it mean to apply advanced analytics to paid search campaign optimization? Well, in general terms, advanced analytics is the autonomous or semi-autonomous examination of data or content using sophisticated techniques and tools, typically beyond those of traditional business intelligence (BI), to discover deeper insights, make predictions, or generate recommendations1. So, when you think in terms of keyword analysis, advanced analytics solutions offer a data-driven, methodical approach to deriving insights around top performing keywords and making campaign recommendations to maximize ad spend.
While the benefits are far reaching, paid search managers face a variety of challenges when it comes to integrating an advanced analytics solution with paid search management platforms:
- The solution must be easily usable by non-statisticians (search analysts).
- Keyword data can quickly “blow up” to billions of records or combinations of records.
- Response time must be seconds to minutes.
- Solution must be scalable.
When we start to think about how advanced analytics methods and tools can interact with paid search campaign management platforms, there are few things to consider:
- Can we leverage existing reporting and visualization solutions?
- How do we translate “analytic speak” to “search speak”?
- How do we create and embed new features to select analysis periods, targets, and other data to refine campaigns?
- How do we deliver simple outputs that provide confidence in the answer and allow for easy activation?
Lityx has partnered with Velocidi to create an intelligent insights platform for digital media analytics. The solution uses machine learning algorithms to segment keywords, predict performance, and generate automated insights. The result is visibility into keyword performance, bid change recommendations and easy to understand analysis of performance drivers.
Clients who have leveraged Lityx and Velocidi together have experienced:
- 20% reduction in CPA (Cost Per Acquisition)
- 30% increase in KPI performance
- 40% increase in ROI
Want to learn more about how Lityx and Velocidi can help you get more out of your paid search dollars?