Insights Platform for Digital Media Analytics
Velocidi is a marketing intelligence software company headquartered in New York, with offices in Dublin and Portugal. Their customer data platform empowers businesses to control first, second, and third-party data and unlock the right marketing insights, decisions and actions at scale. The Velocidi CDP is the first of its kind to combine both media and customer data in either a private cloud or an on-premise deployment.
With powerful technology that focuses on supplying brands with the data they need to make more intelligent decisions, Velocidi was seeking a way to incorporate advanced analytics into their solution to help their clients automate paid search optimization. Specifically, they wanted a system to help identify patterns and trends in keyword performance and deliver bid change recommendations.
Some of the key challenges that Velocidi faced when searching for a solution included:
- Usability by non-statisticians (search analysts)
- Keyword data can quickly ‘blow up’ to billions of records or combinations of records
- Response time must be seconds to minutes
- Scalability and extensibility to many client situations
They took a multi-pronged approach that included:
- Leveraging existing reporting and visualization solutions
- Translating ‘analytic speak’ to ‘search speak’
- Creating and embedding new features to select analysis periods, targets, and other data to refine campaigns
- Delivering simple outputs that provide confidence in the answer and allow for easy activation.
Lityx partnered with Velocidi to create an intelligent insights platform for digital media analytics. The solution uses machine learning algorithms to segment keywords, predict performance, and generate automated insights. The result is visibility into keyword performance, bid change recommendations and easy to understand analysis of performance drivers.