AI and Music Composition, Dark Data, Google’s AI Research and NonProfits, Data Foundation, and More

Andrea Steffes-Tuttle Weekly Roundup

In this week’s roundup, we hear how machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) allow for the creation of original music to be automated. We explore what dark data is and what you can do about it. We learn how to prep for the Californa Customer Protection Act (CCPA) and the key takeaways from Google’s artificial intelligence research related to nonprofits. And finally, we examine why marketers need a strong data foundation and how they can build one. 

AI Composed Music Featuring Drew Silverstein

by Dirk Knemeyer and Johnathan Follett, producers for CreativeNext.org 

This is a fun article we came across last week. While it’s not business-related, we thought it might interest the music enthusiast subscribers. ML and AI allow for the creation of original music to become increasingly automated. Drew Silverstein is one of the pioneers at the forefront of this trend. He joins the Creative Next team to explore these technologies and the trends and impacts they have on work in general and musicians in particular.

READ MORE >

The Data That Lies Beneath 

by Lucidworks for Interactive.ColumnFiveMedia.com 

One-eighth of an iceberg is viewable from the surface, leaving ⅞ extending into the depths of the ocean, hidden from view. This same concept applies to data. Companies know they have a big data problem, but they just don’t know how big it is. Typically, companies only analyze 10 percent of the data they collect, leaving 90 percent as dark data. Learn more about this problem and how to address it in this interactive infographic.

READ MORE >

Time is Running Out: 5 Steps to Prepare for the CCPA

by Caitlin Fennessey, contributing writer for InformationWeek.com

At the start of the year, the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) went into effect. This creates new requirements for the businesses that process the personal data of California residents. The act is state-specific, but it applies to many businesses that may not consider themselves to be under the purview of California law. These guidelines outline how the CCPA applies to your organization and take the proper steps toward compliance. 

READ MORE >

Google Artificial Intelligence Research 2020: Takeaways for Nonprofits

by Jared Sheehan, contributing writer for NonProfitPro.com 

Google recently released its 2019 wrap-up and 2020 predictions report. How does this relate to nonprofits? One way is that Google continues to focus its research ethics on its 2018 AI principles. Another way is that it has created ways to reduce bias in machine learning data with its fairness indicators. This article highlights many more of the quick hits on the report related to nonprofits. 

READ MORE >

Why Marketers Need a Strong Data Foundation — and How They Can Build One

by Sav Khetan, contributing writer for MarTechAdvisor.com

Organizations have access to more data than ever before, streaming in real-time from dozens of touchpoints. This has the opportunity to provide a 360-degree view of their customers so that they can, in turn, provide truly personalized experiences for their customers. But in order to do this, it must be orchestrated and assembled properly. To do this successfully, an organization’s data foundation must be un-siloed. 

READ MORE >

 

Did you see an interesting article in the last week? Share it with us! Send it to astuttle [at] lityx.com.


Sign up here to subscribe to the blog

Subscribe Now